Thursday, July 31, 2008

When Do I Get to Start the Next Project?

Yesterday's UNFinished Crafts day was wildly successful. And by successful I mean lots of people came and filled my home practically from top to bottom. Thank you to all the moms and kids who came and played and worked and made general mayhem. It was awesome! I, myself, actually finished the curtains for beside my front door before the last person left (granted I did make her stay a little longer b/c I wanted to be able to say that and so as to drag out having company a little longer!). The next house project is getting rid of the dead pine trees in the yard and working on faux etching on the windows on the first landing. Then I can go on to the more fun project of faux stained glass on the huge group of windows above the front door. Thanks, Ginger for the great idea. I even found some inspiration for it online. I apologize to the artist for posting this pic (if there is some sort of copyright), but it is so beautiful, I must show you.

I must give a shout out to Ellen for being the best blog reader and demonstrating to me that there is at least 1 person out there willing to show they do want to be friends with me. Thank you, Ellen, I cannot tell you how much that small gesture means to me.

Next time I will take pictures of the wonderful cacophony in action. Until then use your imagination.

7 comments:

Bowcutts said...

Craft day was so fun. i can't believe your house survived all the kids. I dont read blogs very often so i dont know what your talking about with ellens comments. I'm tying this one handed with a baby on my lap right now! I will try to get better about reading blogs. Thank-you 4 inviting us over to your house. You are a brave woman.

Tiffany Wacaser said...

Beautiful, beautiful picture.

You have to tell me more about your unfinished craft days. They sound awesome!

Tiffany Wacaser said...

Hey April, I was wondering if you could pass your brown and serve rolls recipe along? I remember them with such fondness and would love to make them for my family.

And I don't see the comment I posted? Didn't I pass comment moderation? Gosh, must make my comments more g-rated.

Lewis Family said...

You are so cute. I will make my next post about how UNFinished Crafts Day got started and include my roll recipe, including how to make them brown and serve. Miss you! Kiss and hug all those boys and your girl for me.

Lewis Family said...

Please note (as I am anal about language) that I realize that a cacophony is heard and not seen and therefore impossible to take a picture of, but it really was just a great word to use.

Julie said...

Unfinished craft day was good for me. It had been a particularly challenging day and I needed a distraction. I found it theraputic to be immersed in the beautiful cacophony of your home. I'm looking forward to a reprise.

By the way, I have about a dozen or more bottles of "Liquid Rainbow" which I would be willing to pass on to you if that is what you have in mind for the "stained glass" project.

Lewis Family said...

Sure, I'll try it. I am hoping a technique I came upon using basic acrylic paints will work, but I'd love to also try yours.