Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Fairy Princess Who Tames Butterflies

This one speaks for itself. What is it about butterflies that is so magical and beautiful? We thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the butterflies; one actually landed on my arm and I froze until it decided to fly away. All the colors are amazing. There are even butterflies that look luminescent. Sadly, we saw many dead butterflies all over the place, too. I know they don't live long, but I was slightly surprised and sad whenever I glanced one lying on the ground looking either perfectly whole (but dead) or else strangely mangled with a ripped wing, possibly indicating that it had lived a longer albeit more adventerous and/or dangerous life than it's comrades. We even got a picture of all of us on the big plastic caterpiller on the way out b/c a kind older gentleman offered to take it.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

How Cute! Congratulations on starting your blog! It looks great!