Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Best Husband in the Universe

So last night Robert and I stayed up way too late watching TV on the computer while I unpacked boxes. The good news is I got about 5 boxes unpacked in my office/craft room and then Robert did "Satin Feet" for me (you know, Mary Kay "Satin Hands," except on my feet) for the first time in months. Then my sweetie fell asleep on the floor while I puttered around on the computer for a bit. I was going to take a pic, but he woke up before I could get the camera. Can I just interject here how grateful I am for a wonderful bed to sleep on? What a blessing it is to be able to sleep in comfort when you are exhausted (and all the time really).
This morning he let me sleep in a bit (OK, snooze, since the kids were making so much noise, but it was still nice), while he mowed the backyard (no small feat as it's huge), then I got up and did the front. Now we are all showered and clean, ready to go to the Cockrell Butterfly Exhibit at the Houston Museum of Natural Science (we have a family membership). I think Isa will like the butterflies and the boys will enjoy the bug exhibits. We'll see, and I'll post about it later. Gotta go pack the cooler for a long day downtown.

No comments: