Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just Keep Swimming Just Keep Swimming Just Keep Swimming

Here I am, while my sweet husband (who refuses to go to bed without me) snoozes on the living room floor. I have tried to get him to go to bed, I promise! I am a little multiple personality disorder-y lately. It's fun to be able to label myself with psychiatric disorders! Seriously, I woke up this morning feeling good. For the first time in a long time, I did not spend too long trying to convince myself it was worth it to get out of bed. OK maybe I did that a little, but not really long. Have I mentioned how nice it is to have such good sifties that change diapers, get each other fed, dressed, and basically clean? I am grateful for my amazing kids. I did pretty well most of the day. We dropped Angel off at play practice (He's in a Shakespeare play with a homeschool group), went to Costco, picked up Angel, and went to Barnes and Noble to get Robert's birthday present (and look for a kids' cookbook at Oliver's request, any suggestions?). Then b/c of traffic we got home after Robert, and left immediately to go to dinner with my sister and her fam' at Macaroni Grill at Robert's request. I did OK, until the end of dinner when smells and sounds started to overwhelm my senses, and I got annoyed with myself b/c these are pregnancy symptoms, and I have no right to feel them. On top of that, I have been sneezing like crazy for weeks, my throat itches randomly, and my eyes and ears are itchy. People keep telling me it's allergies, which I've never had and don't really want to go to the doctor to deal with on top of everything. Have I mentioned out health Insurance sucks? We pay out of pocket for everything b/c our deductible is so high. I don't even see the point in having insurance when it's like this. Unless one of us came up with a ridiculous disease (like cancer, knock on wood) we'll never make our deductible in a year.

And now I am just up, b/c Thursday is supposed to be our Friday, since Robert takes most Fridays off after working 10 hour days M-Th. Add 3 hours travel time every M-Th and it makes for a reeeeaaally long week until Thursday! Then Robert and I usually stay up watching mindless television and talking, so we can spend Friday and Saturday with the kids. I've been playing insomniac for so long that Robert is short on hours and sleep lately (OK, for about the past year, eyes rolling over here), and I don't know how long we can keep this up. He has a great job, but the commute is killing us. But we both know he is where he needs to be right now; we have no idea why, but we know it is right. Boy, I wish I knew everything. No, not really, that would be too much responsibility. I wish I knew a bit more that I know now. That'll do.

And now I am simply typing to have something to do.

Horatio is officially a "big kid" now! He uses the potty and has accidents only occasionally. He picked it up very quickly once we stopped putting pull-ups on him. We are so proud of him. he seems so little to be such a big kid. (*sniff)

And now I must go do some school research or watch tv online, and maybe get my husband to bed. The floor can't be comfortable.

Another song on the cd Robert made recently: "When the going get's tough, the tough get going." Good one.

2 comments:

Julie said...

April,

We picked up Williams-Sonoma "Fun Food: 25 Delicious Recipes That Kids Can Cook" at Barnes and Noble for $19.95. All my kids use it, even the older ones (and me). It not only includes beautiful photos of each dish, but photos of kids performing each step of the cooking process. It teaches kids to make things like macaroni and cheese or chicken noodle soup from scratch. ISBN-13: 978-0-7432-7856-0.

Claudia said...

April:
I'm really sorry about your loss. that happened to me twice in a row few years ago and still hurts thinking about it. Cry all you want! that helped me a lot and talk to your friends. Just call me when you want to talk or we can plan a girls nite out! just talking and crying together. :)
love
Claudia