Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Month in Pictures: Some Fun Tidbits of Our Life or Stuff I Meant to Post About But Kept Putting Off

I won't worry about dating any of these, except to let you know they are all July and August pics.



I was nursing Eliza-Jane when Mew decided he needed some snuggles. EJ didn't seem to mind, and was even very obliging. Cuddles all around. They both fell asleep this way, and I was lucky enough to have my camera within reach.














Playing in the sprinklers; ah, childhood!








Isa sewing for the first time! She's just sewing some buttons (very badly, I might add) onto some scrap fabric, but I was thrilled she even wanted to. I am a crafty person, so to those of you who are not, think baby's first steps, or even the birth of your first child. To those of you without kids, think about the best thing you've ever accomplished, now imagine teaching that to someone else and imagine/remember the 1st time they "get it". Cool, huh?



Oliver had this weird stuff on his head, so we went to the doctor, got some meds, and he took them for a month -with no change! So, the Doc decided we should take a "sample", which here means scalp my cute 8 year old. He got a little scalpel and scraped some gunk off while Oli waited patiently. Oliver was a very good patient and I was extra proud of him, and never posted about it. So here's a pic of Oli being silly before the scalping and the little sample with hairs still attached! Update: apparently it was a fungus like the Doc thought in the first place, but the meds killed that and left behind an infection which Oliver now gets to take "only" 2 weeks of meds for. We have no idea how he got it in the first place. Oh, the joys of parenthood. Wash your hands!




Horatio slept the whole visit, and was lucky enough to have this monkey to nap with.











"Mommy, won't you please open this even though we are at the Doctor's brand new office, and no food nor drink are allowed...?"











We finally took the Kittens to the Vet for their first shots. Here is a pic of Mew not enjoying getting his ear gunk sampled. We deal in gunk a lot around here. All the Kits did really well.











"They're coming to take me away, HAHA, they're coming to take me away!" Maybe I can get some sleep finally...




A very big, very fuzzy caterpillar I found in the back yard while trimming one of those huge bushes that look like tropical weirdness. When he curls up you can see he has these orange stripes. I'm betting that it's a defense mechanism to scare predators into thinking he's poisonous, but I didn't take any chances and only touched him with gloves on.






The Kittens have grown so much in the monthish we've had them. Aren't they cute deciding that my computer chair is theirs? NOT!






I think we may be overwatering a bit. That, or we have fairies.

5 comments:

Tiffany Wacaser said...

The fairies idea seems much more charming than overwatering.

Megan said...

I vote for fairies:) And good for you to always have your camera in easy reach! Mine always seems to be in the least convenient location possible! Thank you for letting me know about today's craft day. I won't be able to come this time, but I do want to in the future!

Meg said...

April! Hey! So fun to find you have a blog. It's been so long since I've seen you. Your kids are so big! Especially Isa-she is so not a toddler anymore. What cuties! And congrats on your little Eliza Jane. She is darling. I think it great you did hypnobirthing. I had another friend do that and it worked great for her. Makes me think more about using it when I get pregnant again (sorry, not soon, so no, I'm not announcing anything. :) ) I sent you an invite to our blog. It's going to be great to keep in touch with you more.

Megan said...

I just read your post below about the Twilight series. Yikes. I had no idea. In fact, I gave the first book to my brother for his birthday. What's kind of shocking to me is that so many of my Christian friends have read the books and never mentioned any of the sin. Did they just skim over it? Or ignore it for the sake of a good story? I'm going to have to ask some of them now. Thanks for the enlightning post!

Ryan and Tawnee said...

I love looking at your blog...I never get bored, there is so much to read and see...and I love your music! Looks like a fun summer!